Occasionally, one comes down with a unfortunately timed bout of Sickmas.
This is my family’s endearing term for falling ill during the holidays. Because I was not feeling very well today, I simply tried to focus on feeling better, getting final coursework done, and keeping as bright an attitude as I could (in preparation for the fun things that I know will be happening over the next few days).
I wanted to make a semester abroad bucket list, but I guess I was too caught up in planning the trips to actually take a moment to write the items down! I have chosen instead to make a mini bucket list for all the Christmas activities coming up, which I will be sharing with a combination of both family and friends.
CHRISTMAS IN IRELAND BUCKET LIST
- Enjoy a Christmas dinner in Dublin to take in all the lights and decorations on Grafton Street
- Purchase my remaining presents for loved ones… Carroll’s Irish Gifts, here we come!
- Host an Ugly Sweater Christmas
- Organize two Secret Santa exchanges: one with my Boston College #PartyOfSix and one with my Joyce Joy roommates
- Visit my great-grandmother’s family in Newry, Ireland with a special Christmas gift
- Enjoy NUIM’s annual Christmas Day in the Student Union
- Work together to build a candy-adorned gingerbread house
- Plan a festive cocktail party, gift exchange, and final (at least in Maynooth!) family dinner with the #PartyOfSix + Mike
- Enjoy a final dinner out with my roommates in town
- Say farewell to Maynooth with a festive holiday brunch
Please bear in mind that I have to write approximately 12,000 words for various essays in the meantime. However, like I said in the very beginning, I want to celebrate Christmas as much as possible in my remaining time here with these fabulous people. Being with the people here has made it easier to be away from beautiful, brightly lit, snow-covered Boston College this Christmas season.
Be sure to check-out my holiday giveaway with Shop Compliment this week if you are looking for a reason to feel extra merry! We are giving away two special presents – one for you and one for your friend! The best way to spread Christmas cheer is winning giveaways you can share with loved ones AND singing loud for all to hear.
Looking For More Styles I Like?