Today, September 4th 2013, is my 21st birthday. And although birthdays are generally a time when people celebrate you, I would like to dedicate today’s birthday celebration to each and every person I am lucky enough to have in my life. Without my friends and family, I am just a twenty-one year old in clip on earrings who is still trying to figure out what it is she is meant to do with her life.
So, I would like to raise a glass (of champagne, of course, because what else do fabulous women drink on such a special birthday?) to some very important people:
- My family. I am so appreciative that each and every one of you (my parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents) has taken the time to make me feel loved over the course of my entire life.
- My loved one. You have showed me what it means to give of yourself completely to others in a humbling and beautiful way.
- My friends. Duch3ast, W4LSH 418, Kairos, Appa, Forest Lake Camp, Villa Walsh, SJS. I value the lessons I have learned about how to be a better person by knowing you.
- My teammates & extracurricular compadres. BC Flix Ultimate Frisbee, Intramural Soccer (Soon–To-Be Champions!), Women in Business E-Board, CWBC Student Advisory Board, and more. You make hard work fun by giving 110% in all that you do.
- My co-workers. From Jebbit, Rent the Runway, this past summer internship, and everything in between. I me believe that our generation does have the power to change the world for the better by working with all of you.
Thank you all for giving me purpose, inspiration, and more support than I deserve. I am blessed, and I raise my glass of champagne to each of you in gratitude for your presence in my life.
Stylishly & Lovingly Yours,